Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year equals new job


Starting a new job is exciting and scary.  Everything is new and different and you don't know what to expect.  I start a new job on Monday.  It is a permanent job with benefits.  While it is not much more money than what I make now I will at least have the medical benefits and vacation time.  Not to mention a 401k plan.  I am grateful for this opportunity.  It kind of just fell into my lap.  A friend I bowled with years ago told me about it.  Her husband works there and he turned in my resume.  Interviewed on a Monday for it and got a job offer on Tuesday.
It will be sad to leave where I am at now.  But it will be good to be in a new permanent position.  While I know what I am leaving and do not know what is on the other side I know in the end it will be better because I will no longer be a temporary employee.
I am blessed to have had to go through this.  It has made me a stronger person.  While I still need to pay things off I know I am on a better road.  I can achieve anything I want to.  Things sometimes happen for a reason.  I have made my mistakes over the past 2 and a half years but I have grown and learned a lot.
While 2015 has gotten better it looks like 2016 will be even better.  Good things happen to those who go out and go for things and have faith that it will work out.
I cannot wait to see how the new job is and what is in store for me in 2016.  Until next time, later peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment